China Coronavirus news update
- At 04:00 on February 5th, 31 provinces (autonomous regions, municipalities) and the Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps reported 3694 newly confirmed cases (2987 in Hubei), and 261 newly cured cases (113 in Hubei), which were cancelled on the same day. There were 21,365 close contacts of medical observations. There were 640 new severe cases (564 cases in Hubei), 73 death cases (70 cases in Hubei Province, 1 in Tianjin, 1 in Heilongjiang, and 1 in Guizhou), and 5328 suspected cases (3230 in Hubei).
- As of 24:00 on February 5th, 31 provinces (autonomous regions, municipalities) and the Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps had reported a total of 28,018 confirmed cases, a total of 1153 cases were cured and discharged, 26,302 cases were isolated (including 3,859 severe cases), and a total of 563 died Cases, there are 24,702 suspected cases. A total of 282,813 close contacts were traced, and 186,354 close contacts were still in medical observation.
- A total of 42 confirmed cases were reported from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan: 21 in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (1 death), 10 in the Macao Special Administrative Region and 11 in Taiwan.
source: National Health Commission of China
Coronavirus Worldwide news for Feb 6th
- A senior Chinese official has ordered the authorities in the city of Wuhan to immediately round up all residents who have been infected with the coronavirus and place them in isolation , quarantine or designated hospitals .
- According to Vietnamese state media , the 2 latest cases a Sixteen – year – old and a 49 – year – old are family members of a worker who lately tested positive for the virus after returning from Wuhan .
- One more person has tested positive for coronavirus in the German state of Bavaria , the region’s health ministry has said , bringing the total of cases in Germany to Thirteen .
- All UK hospitals have been told to prepare secure coronavirus zones to avoid a surge in emergency departments , a leaked NHS letter has shown .
- The outbreak of the new kind of coronavirus has also ensnared 2 cruise ships , with the passengers and crew now quarantined on the docked vessels in Hong Kong and Japan .
- The FDA announced Tuesday that it has issued an emergency use authorization allowing the diagnostic test for the novel coronavirus to be used at any CDC – qualified lab in the country .
- There are now 7 people infected by the coronavirus in Singapore’s 1st cluster of local transmission , which is related to a Chinese tour group that visited Yong Thai Hang in Cavan Road last month .